Trek through Johnston Canyon to a world of frozen waterfalls and pillars of blue ice. Learn about the formation of the canyon, pick out fossil corals in the rocks, and photograph the incredible pillars of ice as you walk through the canyon bottom and over suspended catwalks. Your professional guide leads you past waterfalls frozen in mid-stream, and through a short tunnel for a close up view of the Lower Falls! The grand finale is the incredible "Cathedral of Ice" at the Upper Falls. It's the perfect destination for a hot chocolate break and a chance to see ice climbers in action.
- Accommodation at Falcon Crest Lodge, 2 to 10 nights
- Johnston Canyon Icewalk Tour for two hosted by White Mountain Adventures
Rates for this package start at $182 per night + tax. Note that rates may vary depending on the dates you would like to stay.
Booking this package with a minimum two night stay at the Falcon Crest allows you to enjoy a four hour icewalk tour with a professional certified guide who will lead you through the 5.4 km (3.5 mile) trail at Johnson Canyon. Includes hot cocoa, freshly baked cookies, plus use of hiking poles and ice cleats. Note that White Mountain Adventures does not offer hotel pickups in Canmore; guests can meet the tour at Johnston Canyon or a pickup can be arranged from Banff.
Tour time: Approx 4 hours.
Guests are encouraged to contact the hotel front desk at time of booking to confirm tour dates and times. The hotel will contact the vendor on your behalf to confirm your tour.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- PAYMENT: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- CANCELLATION: Non-refundable.
- DATES VALID: December 2, 2017 - April 15, 2018
- Subject to availability, and weather dependent.
- Includes one Johnson Canyon Icewalk Tour hosted by White Mountain Adventures for two persons only.
- Participants may required to sign activity waiver prior to commencing the tour.
- Some restrictions may apply, including blackout dates during the long weekends, Christmas and holiday seasons.
- If the tour gets cancelled by vendor due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, we will refund activity portion of package at check out, no refunds will be provided to NO SHOWs or late arrivals
- Icewalk tours depart twice daily, with Banff hotel pickups at 8:15 am and 1:15 pm, tour meets at Johnson Canyon at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Guests are responsible for transportation to and from the tour.
- Prices are per couple only.